Thursday, March 12, 2009

Mom Sounded Good

Hi you all..I spoke with Mom tonight. She sounded great. Thanks Toni & Mimi & Sophie for hanging out with Dad. I guess we should think about how we can get in there once a week to give them a hand with their tasks. This a short note. I am off to sleepy land. Toni, were you able to bookmark the blog address? Love & goodnight...Steve

1 comment:

  1. Oh, phooy..just lost a note..it was a computer glitch.will try to recreate..just left Mom and Dad's..Mom had post-op doc appt this morning. They left and I stayed in house, cleaned up kitchen a bit and then left. It was a long and tiring day yesterday. Dad thinks Mom was "fit in" so we were there most of the day. Dad was great with the numerous eye drops...set them out the night before, reviewed them several times...had coffee set up for morning. He was a great schedule director...i just more or less followed along..and he had me drive with a lot of nervous navigating..we got a bit lost at the end, but I reassured them that "I am good at being lost. I don't get anxious..that we would get there." Well, we were most early and then were there from 8ish Am to 2 PM...mostly sitting and waiting. dad thinks they "fit Mom in"..so that's why we had to wait so long. He stayed in the prep and recovery area with Mom and Mimi, Sohpie and I visited for several hours in the waiting room. It was nice to have company...and I got to know Sophie better. she even hugged me good-bye, though I think she was just glad to be going somewhere other than the waiting room...(smile)..we dealt with termites in the kitchen mostly Wedns eve till the pestiscides kicked in. they had had them since about Monday.thousands of them. I made them 2 dinners and brought them to house. Dad insisted I take one meal home, because he had enough stuff in the freezer...and I had planned to try to make them a meal once a week...i won't do that now. I offered several suggestions about freezing in in small packs, etc...he kept saying I needed to take it home...maybe he just didn't like it...I offered to come over this week to be with them while they make pasta con sardi...Dad said no..he was going to buy all the stuff to make it and "see how we feel." Then, I also offered to set a time when I could help him with papers and magazines in his office in rec room...nope...he said, "it'll probably never get done!" I then said"OK, and what if it doesn't get done, what do you think will happen to all of it?" He said, "I guess you'll have to shred it, because there are a lot of names and personal info." That was the end of that conversation. I felt a bit like I was in their way..they have such a routine, and I can see Dad get more irritable if there are any suggestions to do something different. I praised them often for the good job they are doing...trying to put suggestions throughout the conversation about help..I have to smile with Dad's facial expression when he notices I am trying to make a suggestion...better go...have to go down and say hello to my dogs outside...they really wiggled their tails when they saw me from the porch. So, Steve, I will check about any needed visit with them this week in prep for the dinner on Saturday. I will be staying with the Sullivan's on Fri night to babysit Nathan. There is so much to do at Mom and Dad's house. I am not surprised that they are overwhelmed. I am going to research elevators, stair climbers, or anything that they could use. Oh, I made a suggestion to Dad that he carry his coffee cups up to bedroom at night, so when he carried the coffee up, the cups would already be up there. He either forgot or just didn't want to do it, though he told me he thought he'd try it. bye for now..and thanks again to Mimi for her presence. Actually, I told Mom and Dad that all of us (including Noni Dear) were with them yesterday. I also told them that Wedns. night I found her "worry stone" in the bedroom drawer where I slept and prayed to her that she help Dad and Mom start making a plan that would ease them. bye. and love

    ReplyDelete