Hi...it would be great to hear from several of you about your ideas on helping Mom and Dad agree to a few safety changes....I will copy and paste the e-mail exchanges of the last few days to here....let me know what problems you are having with the blog so maybe Steve or I can help. Thanks...More later....
Oh, here is the e-mail I received from Dr. Orsingers today after his visit to Mom and Dad's...I hope he keeps it up and I e-mailed him back to say thanks and visit again!!! He is a very nice man whom Mom and Dad have talked a lot about for many many years. He is 87. Has a home near that junior high school off Williamsburg blvd. you know, Bonnie you read his wife's book:
"From: ViNevi@aol.com
Date: 2/13/2009 1:46:41 PM
To: spunar@sprynet.com
Subject: Visit to your folks
It was a spur of the moment to drop in on them. I guess from my Boy Scout Days "Do a good turn daily." I think we three enjoyed it. Being a MAC guy for many years, I hope I opened a few more doors for him to enjoy what his machine can do. You might try http://www.orsinger.net/billviola/ if I hadn't given you that one. The Orsinger site is temporarily down, but enjoy the Italian part. Both your parents understood when I spoke in Italian. The first thing dad asked me was about my cleaning lady. I'm mailing them that today. I'm waiting for a first proof of your stories. There are several other good book too. The main thing is to WRITE, right now. You can edit later. Bill Orsingers"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the e-mail exchange between Steve, Celeste and I....you all received the safety/fall information, right?
"From: ToniAnn Spunar
Date: 2/13/2009 3:14:33 PM
To: Celeste Roy
Subject: Re: Fw: The Risks of Falls
Cis..I totally agree...but yes, we(Steve and I many times) have discussed a second railing, a grab bar at the top of the steps; dad has been unbalanced on the steps for a long time...This was a main topic when I stayed there for a couple of weeks 2 years ago when he was sick. He absolutely refused to listen to me or the rehab folks though he did agree on the railing in the den bathroom and outside the kitchen door. He talks about how unsteady he is all the time.....I agree, his luck or angel protection is going to wane. He didn't tell me he had stuff in his hands...which means, he probably wasn't holding on at all , even to one railing. They don't recognize or are denying the many opportunities for a crisis. Oh, Cis, I have discussed these things so often with them....apparently their knowledge has little to do with their behavior....we will talk more...love you. I see Dad changing ever so slightly...he told me he talked with Mom about the Buckley group. And the accountant lady came over and took all the financial stuff to work on. Now they are bickering about soft or rough sheets. Remind me to tell you about that one. And Happy Valentines to you and all of you...Toni
From: Celeste Roy
Date: 2/13/2009 1:46:04 PM
To: ToniAnn Spunar
Cc: Steve Cifala; Bonnie Mc-Cifala; johnsuneil@hotmail.com; laurenbabe@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fw: The Risks of Falls
Hi All ~ Tried to use the Blog but no time to figure out what happened to my way in to comment. Anyway, I think the time for strong encouragement on extra railings and an alert system are here. We can no longer worry about whether they'll like it or not. They are both in danger. If Dad had gone down the steps along with the stuff he was carrying (that is what he told me, all the things he was carrying went down) he would be gone. He has some pretty powerful angels but.......Steve have you spoken to them about a railing?? I'm going to call now and see if I can get this conversation started. They are such smart people urgh....why can't they see this. Love you, Happy Valentine's Day. Celeste
On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 9:14 AM, ToniAnn Spunar <spunar@sprynet.com> wrote:
Thanks Steve...good review....and certainly supports of we've been thinking...the lifeline thing is also a good idea, though doubtful would be welcomed by Dad or Mom..I loved mine..felt so secure....thanks again...
bye for now....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment