Sunday, February 8, 2009
Been a few days!
Hi all. Things are unchanged, though Dad and Mom are better as far as their colds, congestion, coughs, etc. Mom is still trying so hard to get the taxes arranged. Apparently she (this may be old news?) dropped a batch of important papers all over the den floor....difficult now to get back in to order...besides all the other things she does routinely...or sadly, used to do. Dad has said he is having an assistant to the accountant they use come over this week one day to "give us an idea of how we can simplify this process". Dad is concerned as to whether it is the "right thing to do for Mom?" I suggested, which I think he had already thought of, that the lady make sure she give Mom some things to do, so that she would not feel left out...if she wants, of course. Maybe (I sincerely doubt it) Mom will be relieved....anyway, I'm sure Dad will talk about it. But I will let you know. He has not called Buckley's or the driver, though he asked for the phone numbers. I have not asked about it. Bob is doing some plumbing with Dad...fixed the toilet and one sink yesterday. Since it was decided to do this at the last minute I already had some plans, and thought perhaps things would go more smoothly if I weren't there. (Ha..this was one time, Dad hoped Mom would stay in the den, so that he and Bob could get the "dirty" work done.) I will really try to go over there for a short visit this week one day. That's all for this moment. I'll try to get back later. Love you, Toni
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment