Got you curious, huh? Received my 3 new books today...the one I am now just skimming through is "Another Country: Navigating the Emotional Terrain of our Elders"...so far looks great..lots of words and will take some concentration...may buy a copy for each of you if I really like it...anyway, a tiny paragraph about loss...the author says: "I think about a joke among the old here in Nebraska. A man finds a frog who says that if she is kissed, she'll turn into a beautiful princess. Instead of kissing the frog, the man puts her in his pocket. The frog croaks, 'Don't you want to kiss me and have a beautiful princess?' The man says, 'Frankly, at my age, I'd rather have a talking frog.'"
Again, looks like a very touching book...talk to you later. Enjoy!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Toni me and my mom dad cara evan chase cooper and george wanted to wish you a happy birthday!!! I hope your having a grrreat day!
ReplyDeleteHaving problems posting this...thanks laurenbabe..please keep watching the posts..and have your Mom add a post when she can. Oh, and please tell her that i did receive the birthday card..thanks to her and all of you...the pooches too. love, Toni
ReplyDelete