Monday, February 2, 2009

MORE RESOURCE NEWS...

Hi. just want to copy a note I received from St. James' office. I will keep all the numbers and the e-mail addresses of the office and Sr. Mary Jo...I e-mailed Ms. Duerst back and thanked her and told her I would let Mike know they had attempted to visit Dad. (Funny he didn't mention to me???) or am I surprised? It may mean a "visit from a priest" means something else besides what we all want it to mean. I don't know. Just trying to see it from his eyes and heart and soul. That doesn't mean I am against trying to have him accept a visit. (I can hear him thinking now, "how can a priest help me with the finances Mom is so preoccupied with and I know nothing about!!!") SMILE......Here's the e-mail:

Dear Mrs. Spunar:

Thank you for your note regarding your parents Dr. John and Laura Cifala. Father Posey received a call from your brother in the West Coast about a month ago asking if he would stop by and visit your parents. Your brother mentioned that he was concerned that your Father felt a bit overwhelmed. Father Posey asked me to call your Dad to see if he and Sr. Mary Jo (who oversees Ministry of the Sick/visits the elderly, etc.) could stop by and visit with them. I called twice and finally received a return call from your Dad saying that they had been under the weather but that he would be calling Father Posey to schedule a time for him to stop by and visit. At this time we are awaiting a call from your Dad to set this up. Father Posey can’t force the issue at this time. What I said to your Dad in my calls (I left phone messages, I never spoke with your Dad directly) was that Father Posey and Sister Mary Jo were visiting our elderly parishioners to keep in touch. If you could would you please let your brother know that Father is trying his best to schedule a visit. If there is anything else we can do to help let us know. In the meantime we will wait for your Dad’s call to schedule a visit. Sr. Mary Jo’s phone number is 703-532-8815 Ext. 130. You could also e-mail Sr. Mary Jo at the following e-mail address
srmaryjomcdonald@yahoo.com.

Frances Duerst
Administrative Assistant
St. James Catholic Church
905 Park Avenue
Falls Church, Virginia 22046
703-532-8815 Ext. 128


I'll be back later...

No comments:

Post a Comment