Monday, February 2, 2009
Good Morning....
Hi all. By the way, I think all us Cifala's are awesome!!!! So glad I wasn't an only child! Anyway, had a good or maybe even great talk with Dad yesterday. "Sad-fully" I think he has become more and more worrisome about how Mom is managing the finances. I held my breath, so to speak, and said, "Dad, I am going to say this and you can take it as you will, but I think I have spoken with a group of very good people that possibly could help you and Mom out." I further explained about the Buckley group...he said "I knew there were groups out there like that, how did you find them?" (Dah!?) I explained it all to him. Told him about Mr. Evert...what the people had said, etc. He actually listened and asked questions. Then I told him I had found a ride for him to Philadelphia next year. He sounded very slightly eager to know more. In fact he said, "I'll need a ride in June!" So we chatted about all this for awhile. He wondered what it would be like to "talk to one of these people. What would they say? How would the meeting go?" (He almost sound fearful or at least worried about such a new experience for him and Mom.) I role-played a bit with him....this made him a bit uptight and I could feel him backing off a bit. I did jump in and ask if he wanted to speak with Mr. Evert, as he would get an hour free from Buckley's the first time. That perhaps he could help with sorting out what has to be done with the books, or he could sit with him at the computer. And then Dad really backed away. (I wasn't surprised) I told him, I am glad I have found these possibilities for them, but he would have to decide what he wants. So........who knows. He listened and exchanged his thoughts, and sounded curious.....Oh, Celeste, I asked him about using a ministry at Church. He said he had spoken to the woman who runs the "Widows" group who said that Father Posey and the church doesn't actually do much...that they "give out a bunch of phone numbers!" So??? Maybe I could call this woman to see if she has anything to suggest. But for good or bad, the decision lies with Mom and Dad for now. We just have to send all our good energy their way, because I believe just having this blog work, is strong....oh, and he was able to receive my e-mails with Martha Stewart recipe links...and look at the links! He asked me to send because he had watched her show and liked the recipes. See, when he is calmer, he can do things. And they are cooking more meals...guess he decided he may as well start doing more because Mom just can't do it alone. That's all for now....Keep the positive vibes and prayers coming. I know it helps me to know you all are here, just beyond this key board....SMILES....love to all and i'll be back...Please let me know what you think....Toni
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment