Thursday, January 29, 2009

No Philly trip????

Well, yesterday Dad didn't think he was going to Philly..the weather; and they still weren't feeling totally OK..and he discussed the driving issue a bit with me...on the topic "outskirts" only...but seems he is thinking about needing a driver, at least for longer trips...worried about the cost...I think.

Today, he told Laurette that he and Mom were doing better..that he was "melting the ice on my car by letting it run a bit." He told Laurette they were NOT going to Philadelphia.

Tonight did not mention Philly to Steve...and told him he didn't finish cleaning off the car....but wants to go to exercise tomorrow.
I will definitely call them in the morning to make sure of their plans....

I think Steve's idea of us all calling and "checking on them" frequently, may be a way of getting them to think 1) that we are all concerned; 2) that perhaps they need the calls; 3) and finally, to have them realize they need some type of assistance and need to make some decisions...

Didn't learn anything new today about resources, but did put a few interesting things on the Blog page...just to look at...enjoy...and come back and do comment....or post your own messages....

You don't have to spend the time I do..because I have time!....Just take a few minutes and add to a discussion. Thanks...and love, Toni

2 comments:

  1. hey toni,
    hello from joann! isn't there anybody near by that could drive them? dad was asking me how the weather was supposed to be this weekend... Thanks so much for starting the blog! I make lauren read the messages to me every day and it makes me feel closer to home! did you find my birthday card that I sent you? talk to you soon!
    JO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so glad to see you here...yes...this Blog can keep us all connected...someday, I'll get Dad on it!!!! Yes, I left a message with Lauren on one of these communication gadgets that the card came...postmarked on the 22nd...I have found some new things...will do a post as soon as I get it together.

    ReplyDelete