Monday, January 26, 2009

Good Evening...

Thanks for all your birthday wishes..had a nice day and especially dinner with Laurette, Rick and Nathan on Sat evening. It was soooo fun and spending time with the Sullivans was the best! About my conversation with Mom and Dad today..about 5 PM...they sounded GOOD! I had made a big order for home delivery online groceries with some things I thought may stir Dad's tastebuds....the delivery system is part of Giant foods...it's called PeaPod...

minimum order...$50 so may be difficult for them to use every week or so. Anyway, I had discussed this with Dad before, but PeaPod had some good savings coupons..so thought I'd try it...spent a good part of the day "shopping"....and decided at the last minute to call and tell Mom and Dad about it....just in case I needed to change before 6 PM...it's neat...order before 6 PM today and get in the morning the next day..delivered to their door...Anyway, Dad made it to grocery shop today, so had bought basically everything I had...some regular staples and few freezer meals... he sounded like he was looking forward to trying a Marie Callendar's frozen meal tonight..Mom and Dad were cooking it...anyway, they both thanked me, but asked me to hurry and cancel the order before 6PM....I had that leeway. Dad said perhaps if I had told him ahead of time, he would't have gone shopping..but at the same time he sounded proud he had known there were sales....and saved some money. Said he made a plan to do 3 things today and was out of house by 8:30 AM...

No coughing, no mention of fatigue, no complaints, really, of course, I didn't ask him those questions...was dealing with the grocery issue. Dad seemed "impressed" that i knew some of the items he might like. He said perhaps he may try the delivery service at another time...I pointed out the fast ordering time, the same food as in the grocery stores...he sounded more interested than usual in trying frozen prepared foods. There is a cuisine at Giant's which he may try....or I googled the brand and found on-line site...so I could order some of those meals without having a minimum order...we'll see. And Mom breaded some steak the other night. I asked her to ask Dad if he tasted it...he said "no, but it was good!"...I didn't explore that answer with him...my sense was he did taste it enought to say it was good...who knows????

so, generally, between 5 and 6:30 PM they sounded good...positive and glad that I was "thinking of them!" Oh, I wish they would truly recognize and believe in all our concern, thoughts, and hopes for them.

I will call tomorrow and check about the Philadelphia trip..oh, i also asked Mom what they had planned for the snow removal. She said they had several neighbors who usually did the shoveling...

I am tired...will be back tomorrow. good night to all..just wanted to tell you the result of an attempt to have them use home delivery groceries...I was able to cancel my order, by the way...but as I told Dad and Mom, it is saved in the PeaPod site...love to all, Toni

2 comments:

  1. Hey Toni...sounds good.I called Dad as I told you to see if he would say anything about you calling or if he gave me a different account of how his day unfolded.He didn't mention that you had called & said he was tired from his outing.
    I think we should all call them several times a week.I plan on trying to get in there twice a month.Maybe some more gigs in that area.Ciao...Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steve...didn't call yet today. But will. love, Toni

    ReplyDelete