Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Another week.....

We had quite a week with the trip to Delaware.  But it was all good.  I have pretty much decided to go ahead and rent a place in Cambridge for 3 or 4 days.  I think I've gotten a pretty good price.I'm not renting the entire place. There are about 7 bedrooms with various pull outs in various places.  Am considering in next couple of days.  Mom and Dad seemed to like the idea.  I just think it would be so convenient for everyone...a place to stay, a beautiful, peaceful place to gather, and Mom and Dad could be "treated royally".  The dates would be Oct. 2 through 6.  They supply everything....linens, towels, tp, paper towels, cleaning supplies.....she will see about keeping the pool open....may be a place to rent a boat....I realize everyone has lots to do in their lives...the lady I am renting from is one of 17 kids....she "supposedly" (ha?) giving me a break because she knows what it is like to try to gather.  I would have to look into the "party" part.  I am sure there are some local relatives who would love to see Mom..."little" Celeste is planning a trip here for the birthday.  Anyway, that's my plan.  More later and I have to finally decide.  Waiting on the estimate from Marie via email.   Love to all Toni

6 comments:

  1. Heard from John. Says he is losing comments on this blog...yikes! So he will try a yahoo family email site...we shall see. more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just lost another message and I don't know why. I can't afford to make the slightest error. I go to repair a typo and the whole message dissappears. Is it just me. Sending this. John

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, John, before you try to correct an error, do a "copy" so that if you do lose the message, you still can paste it into a new one...I know, it doesn't fixt the problem, but at least it's a workaround. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. To Brother John, I have had the same problems with this website and all of you by now are getting used to my un-edited copy, because I too have lost my captured stream of thought that just quickly vanishes when I have stopped and tried to correct and or edit. I don't know how to paste or copy in this format either. Go with the flow. Toni's plans again are very positive for all. Pray for rain in the west and sun in the east and all of our crops will grow and feed us all. Love to all family, Michael

    ReplyDelete
  6. yep..going fast and tried to copy so as not to lose, and I lost my note. sorry...just not an error free site, I guess. basically said, thanks...and if you want to email me, I'll paste your notes in a comment area. Actually, the "posting" works better I think...but that too has it's quirks. thanks for your efforts. good to see you here. I just always try to relate my frustrations with something that is fairly familiar to me, to what Dad and/or Mom must feel facing a new and impossible task.....smiles and hugs to all. Toni

    ReplyDelete