Friday, April 24, 2009
The Williamsburg Trip so far!
Hi. Just had a nice conversation with Mom...Dad is already in a meeting. They will go to breakfast when he returns in "40 minutes" or so. Mom sounded good. She told a heartwarming story about how she recognized a man in the dining room last night and he was alone and she invited him to sit with her and Dad. She said that she knew Dad knew him. She could not recall his name, but knew his face and his significance to Dad. It is so good for them both to get out and "stretch" and "exercise" their brains. She said, "I could tell by his conversation that he wasn't with his wife. He spoke of visiting his daughter often. No mention of his wife." She seemed happy that she could recognize him. Hummm. Maybe that's a way of reasoning with her...that the more she stretches her mind with familiar and new persons, the better she will remember. i.e. "move to Ashby Ponds!" She'd probably "see through" that tactic...(SMILE!) That's all. Just wanted to share a few nice moments with Mom with you. She stutters and struggles to speak what she is thinking. I get teary listening. And I try so hard not to prompt her on. Trying to get the middle ground of having her reach further or not feel badly because she can't remember. Bye for now..I'll be back. Hope you all see this. It's good for me to think I am telling you these things, and sharing. Love, Toni
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Toni, It's good to hear what's going on. I haven't had time to comment what I'm thinking but all I can say is I'm grateful to hear what Dad and Mom are up to. And It's good stuff. I know how good Mom felt and hopefully Dad too about Mom putting things together at Williamsburg with their business family. That was good medicine.
ReplyDeleteI just got home from a week's work and I'm sorting myself out to accomplish a decent weekend without being over ambiscious. Sue has 2 12hour shifts so I'll be helping her catch up her home office work so she can get to bed tonight. Alive and Well is at a stage of being too successful. She has a stack of incomplete charts and billing that we can't afford to hire help to get caught up with until the bills get sent out. I'm might be the new office manager yet.....Gotta go. Love to all. John
Just lost my whole note...ugh! Not sure what happened. I'll come back tomorrow. Have to rinse the conditioner out of my hair. Thanks for your note...and I'll be back...Love you...Toni
ReplyDelete