Thursday, February 19, 2009

Checking In

Quiet here last few days. I missed Dad (he was out) a few times when I called or they were busy and couldn't talk. Spoke briefly with Mom....will have to persue again. I tend to get tired of hearing all the things he complains about and yet chooses to "keep things the same." Sorry for that, you all. The house looked good on my visit..frig clean and orderly....table decorated for Valentines' day...Beautiful, terrific, in fact, red roses from Dad to Mom..sorry I didn't have my camera with me. He really is phenomenal at buying just right for Mom....It would be good to take Mom to the card store and buy a batch of various celebration cards for Dad, since she doesn't do that anymore. I'll try to see how I could have that happen. I wonder if she would have the patience/attention to look at cards? Bob did some more plumbing with Dad. I fooled around with the computer and the TV with Dad. He does have trouble...and some of it is NOT his fault...just bad luck I guess....and "stupid" service people. To my knowledge, Dad hasn't called any of the resources people...including the lady that is Dr. Orsinger's housekeeper.

JoAnn is in Florida enjoying wonderful weather. She still has her cough...oh, and she will probably see Uncle Pete and Dorothy. And Bonnie and Mike, thanks for the articles from Unity...and the Christmas picture....talk to you all soon...Steve...haven't heard from you fellow West Virginian for a few days. Hope all is good for the Cifala's...Cis...hi to all...and John, great talking with you recently..Hope your Valentines' Day turned out great with the popcorn and movie and Sue....Bob and I stayed home...I decorated a bit and made a nice dinner. Night for now..love to all...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Everyone ~ I'm going to visit Mom and Dad Sunday. I'll be there till Friday. I'm not sure what I'm hoping to accomplish. I have some lofty goals. I'm going to start with the simple ones, like I want to get Mom out of the house for a walk up the block. Not out of sight of the house. Maybe she could do this on her own with Dad watching from the steps. I want to take Dad to the movies to see "the Wrestler". He expressed and interest. I want to have a substinative conversation about what THEY WANT. I don't want to eat, I'm on a diet for lent. I need to shed my beer belly a bit.
    Got a really nice note from Aunt Mary Ellen today in response to my phone call a month or so ago. She and Uncle Joe are concerned and have been trying to encourage them to move to a safer environment. It was a very heartfelt note and she offered any help we might think of. Well, I am trying to run a business and need to go check my messages. It is really storming here now. Yes, Spring showers are here. Love you all. Give me a buzz if you have any concerns or ideas for me to bring to VA. Celeste

    ReplyDelete