And I have pretty much given up on the party and gathering idea in October. Not enough interest or availability. Not sure what I'll come up with. But don't want to bother them at their house. I just thought it would be a great time for us all to be together. Maybe something out here..Will check out hotels...back later. love to all, Happy Mother's Day to all.
Toni
Hi Toni, I check this site everyday. What's up with everybody on the B-day party gathering. Too bad about the avaiability at Easter Shore. Maybe it added up to a lot of bucks. No more time...this is the fourth time I've started this.....Love to all...John
ReplyDeleteThanks John. I will try to keep the blog going. the Eastern Shore place is still available; just not the party!! Celeste wants to do something in August. Mike has hay or wheat or something coming in sometime about Mom's BD; Steve is focused on his 3 week trip to New Zealand; Jo would do anything we wanted....I'm sure money played a big part...but what other way to get together? We are all over the US....thank you so much for using the blog. Celeste did read it and sent me an email. I know sometimes the machinery of this thing is irritating.....good talking with you. Oh so far, Dad would not commit to getting a ride out here and going to a brunch with Mom and us on Mother's Day.....he is focused on opening up the townhouse...who knows what's on his mind? Love, Toni
ReplyDeleteHi everyone,
ReplyDeleteJust wanted you to know, too, Toni, that Michael and I are reading the blog AGAIN! We had no Internet service from April 12 until May 3, when we got the new modem set up that our Satelite server sent us. So we read all of he blog entries that were posted while we were "out of commission".
Hope all you mothers out there have a relaxing and fun Mother's Day!
Love to all,
Bonnie
Thanks Bonnie and Mike. I am going to Mom and Dad's for Mother's Day. Dad called and "twisted my arm" by saying he had already bought a 4 lb beef filet....of course, i had invited him (with rides) out here to go to a nice restaurant with us. So, to avoid any last minute cancellation and one less trip to Arlington, and hemming and hawing, I agreed to have them cook for us. Dad will probably do most of it. Maybe Bob will help when we get there. So, Bob will play golf in AM. Not sure what I'll do..I'd love to be by some water...but the river areas are mostly isolated, and I don't feel comfortable sitting alone. We shall see. I will try to keep this going, with everyones participation. Still working on an idea for October. Love to all. and thanks again Bonnie, Mike and john for your comments. Toni
ReplyDeleteHey Bonnie and Mike, Last time I talked to Dad (around his B-day), he asked me if I had any thoughts about coming their way this Summer. I didn't want to say much since Sue and I are thinking about gathering around Mom's B-day. So far we are flexable. There are no perfect times so we need to nail down our plans. Love to you both, John
ReplyDeleteJohn, sue, mike and bonnie, Just for your info, i will probably try to ask Dad about a gathering in Oct for Mom....just to see what he says. I really don't want to cause him any extra stressors, but if you all are going to make any plans, looks like Dad should be in on my/our ideas. OK? I know MIke, you said you couldn't come in Oct. I truly think all of us at the townhouse for a celebration in august would be too much for them. Celeste just told me she's coming East about the 10 th or so of August. Has not asked Dad if she can stay at the townhouse yet. I'm not aware of his plans for the place this summer. It would cost us much more to rent a place in the summer...for all of us. So, help me with what to try and plan on. I have spent a lot of time searching out ideas...surfing, looking at 50+places on internet. Most places are rented through October!! If we all gather in August, we'll need a place to stay...we can not burden Mom and Dad. Let me know what you think and I'll talk with Dad as soon as I get an "opening". Keep commenting or start another post with the "idea" topic. I'll be back. Love, Toni
ReplyDelete